Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Israel in Words

Israel in Words
I have been trying to write a poem for Israel and have not one idea.

I have no words to show off the landscape no adjective to describe the people who are brothers who I've never met.
I can't seem to find the right lines and rhymes to bring the country to life right in front of your eyes like an old TV screen.
Trying to capture your home in words should be easy yet I find myself speechless grasping at straws
The raw emotion evoked from the beauty of the hills heat of the desert.

 I want to record all the sounds of the city spliced out on paper like splattered paints
The lions roar of the oceans proud strong with pride that says
I'm king of my domain.
Now as I look down the land from the hills it seems that
I may run out of time
To show off how the sun seems to reflect out upon the ocean creating a bright white
Where god lives
It is so close that you can reach out and grab it

 As I sit here and try to write down a country on a page one word comes to mind and stays there short and sweet.

Home

No comments:

Post a Comment